Thursday, November 4, 2010

Winter Formal!

I have the BEST sister EVER!!!
Kelli bought me this shirt when she was down in AZ this last time from Forever 21
I put it to good use last night! :)

"Yesterday I saw you in class. You had on the gray hoody--remember? Anyway, I tried to text you but I Don't have your number :( So I tried to pass you a note, but like the teacher almost caught me -- So anyways, I was thingking about the dance coming up and I was like wondering, like thinking mayb of Asking you??

XOXO :) The girl in that one class

And here is the recipient of that shirt:

Jason Larson! Isn't this just the best picture of him?I thought it brought out his personality well.
Anyways...so last night after work, I rushed to the musical, just in time to catch the last 10 minutes of the show. I was pretty much really bummed because I missed it all, but they didn't take my ticket, so I have an extra one. :) After my 10 minute sitting period, I ran out to congradulate all the cast. (all my friends are basically in it and they have done amazing---but thats a WHOLE other post) So, we were a little crazy, and I happened to have this shirt in my car, because someone wanted to look at it. So we decided, heck..he lives right here...lets just do it!! So we did. We wrote a cute little poem on a pretty blue piece of paper that said,

"Jason: Tommorrow you must come to school

Looking like a TOTAL fool!

Wear this shirt to find a date

To Winter Formal. Please don't hate! :)"

So, we dropped it and ran, and I came home and got on facebook real quick, to see his post, posted 23 seconds before saying "Im not wearing that shirt haha" but I just fell asleep doing math homework..not a surprise.

So I woke up (very late) this morning, and got ready fast, and figured out the rest of it, in case he really listened. I got to school and forgot the main part of it all, so my WONDERFUL mother brought it to me.
ANYWAYS. I got to 1st hour and got Brother Hemminway in on this wonderful little secret of mine. (only 2 other people in the class knew too--and they were VERY helpful!) SO, like every other day, Jason walked in late, but today he had a white shirt over his shoulders. Brother H. asked him what it was, and he said "Someones asking me to winter formal. they want me to actually WEAR this! I'm not going to!" so there was a huge discussion between the entire class--as I excused myself to go and laugh in the bathroom. When I walked back in he was still being stubborn, but after the hymn, I had to run out again, and came back in to see Jason wearing the shirt! I had a good laugh, and nodded to Bro. H. that he could give it to him.

Later in the lesson Bro H. very nonchalantly said he had something to give him, only if he was wearing a certain shirt. So he took back a paper with another rhyme on it, and a little black mirror (that used to light up). The poem said:

"Jason: Now you've proved you can have fun,

But the fun has JUST begun!

No shave November has started here,

Winter Formal is very near!

Things will soon get brazy busy

With all that's goin on you might get dizzy

You'll have a date--No need to fear

Just look around this little mirror!"

So he looked and looked and looked, and couldnt find anything, until he flipped it over, and saw the cover. He opened it, and the batteries popped out, and there was my name! But he wouldn't read it out loud, he just looked at me and we started laughing. He finally read it, and the day finished with lots of fun comments about it, and great laughs.

SO...LONG STORY SHORT...I'm going to Winter Formal with J Lars, and I'm SUPER excited, and I have the greatest sister, and mother, and friends, and seminary teacher EVER! :)

4 comments:

Bev said...

Super cute idea........and I agree, you do have the greatest sisters and Mom and friends!!

Maren said...

That might be the best way to ask, EVER. So awesome.

Candice said...

So CUTE. That will be a fun memory for you both (and all who witnessed). Good work!

muth said...

Sorry the delayed comment---you know me......
Super cool way to ask! Can't wait to see what he'll make you do at school in front of EVERYONE to answer you!!! :) :) :) Turnabout is fair play. I'm sure you'll be a good sport!!!